Before anything, I would like to thank my partners in this venture: Becca, Emily, Jen, Christine and Madame Weebles. What we’ve accomplished so far for Movember is in great part due to your dedication and hard work. I’ve also slept better because of you, too. Becca, special props to you for being my right hand woman. I owe one. Heartfelt thanks.
Here we are, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas... It’s time to blog to raise awareness—and funds—for the fight against prostate cancer, and men’s mental health! And how will we do this?
- You who are reading this: go on Facebook now, and like our Facebook page;
- Have you liked our page? Good. Write a Movember post: share an inspirational story; an anecdote about the time you had your prostate checked; a victory about cancer; your struggles with mental illness… Write: be inspired, and inspire us!
- You have already written a post? Well look at you being efficient, and all! When and if you write a Movember post, please send me the link to your post at clownonfire at gmail dot com. I will send you back an email with the date your post will be shared on our Bloggers for Movember Facebook page, you know, the one you just liked…?
- You’re a man? Good for you. So am I. Well, my fellow male friend: grow a mustache! I am! And I will post pictures of my mustache on our Facebook page. And you will too, right? How about once a week? Perfect… I like your enthusiasm.
- Donate. Please donate! How? Becca, this one is for you: “You can choose to donate to either the Bloggers for Movember Canada team here, or the USA team here. Donating can be done via credit card or Paypal account. Remember, there is no minimum donation amount required. Every last cent counts. Please be generous. You don’t have to register to join as a team member to donate, but if you plan to participate in contests, you may need to join the appropriate team to qualify for blogger prizes.“
- Share and reblog this post. It will help us spread our efforts to support Movember.
Becca, Emily and Roller Giraffe will be answering your comments today. Le Clown will join later on today. Thank you, everyone, and much love to all.
Two more things:
Bloggers for Movember would like to extend their sincere condolences to all who suffered Hurricane Sandy’s wrath, including our very own Madame Weebles. My friend is still without electricity, and will be without electricity until at least the end of this week. Madame Weebles had to bow out of Bloggers for Movember for these reasons. Please join me in extending her your thoughts and well wishes in the comments, and help build a positive space to welcome her back whenever she is ready.
Movember raises money and awareness for men’s prostate health and men’s mental health. If neither of these are your pet cause, I present Lace up for Liver participant Betty Esperanza. She’s a dear friend with a generous and loving spirit. A photographer, videographer, and die hard volunteer on her down time, she’s also the regional director for the Canadian Liver foundation (Quebec) by day. Betty needs to raise $5000 to run the marathon in Negril, Jamaica. All donations will go directly back into the community (in this case, Montreal). She is a one woman show representing all of Quebec so if you’d like to support her efforts, The Canadian Liver Foundation, Lace up for Liver, or just a sexy organ, please send a few bucks here. She’s good people doing good things. She has helped us out in countless ways, and this is one way we can help her in kind.
Related article: Bloggers for Movember.